These interactive courses will be offered Online and On Campus until the end of 2022.
Group work and peer review are part of each day of this course that is offered via the Canvas Conference module and in the U-Park hotel.
After this intensive workshop you will:
- Have gained an understanding of all steps concerning the academic publishing process
- Have experienced these steps and carried them out
- Have an understanding of the structure of an introduction
- Have a model of an introduction that you will be able to use for future publications
- Have performed tasks such as reviewing manuscripts for others, and editing them
- Have a start of your first thesis chapter that can be elaborated on in the future
- Have a manuscript that has improved with the help of and feedback from your peers
Expect a supportive environment where you work together in small groups with your peers and a coach. You will focus on task such as:
- Making a template for an introduction
- Academic English issues
- Writing a general introduction
- Selecting a journal to publish in
- Cover letters
- Rebuttal letter
- Dealing with reviewers comments
- Language editing
What NOT to expect:
- Extensive instruction on basic English grammar and vocabulary
- Extensive in-depth treatment of discipline-specific matters of formatting and presentation
PhD-candidates from the UT
Participants are required to attend all three-and-a-half days of the Academic Publishing Bootcamp. Self-study time: approximately 10 hours.