· describe the complete graduation process and accompanying (different) roles/styles of the supervisor;
· explain the importance of expressing expectations, planning and structured meetings in a graduation process, including the content of the planning and meetings;
· articulate your vision on supervising and can translate it into concrete activities as coach;
· apply different styles and techniques in supervising graduate students;
· be a ‘lazy supervisor’, meaning let the students do the work they can do themselves.
During the course we will pay attention to the following topics: planning of a graduation project, first meeting with the student, role and style of supervisor, expectations of supervisor and student, active listening, giving feedback, assessment and motivation.
Of course we also pay attention to your specific questions.
Preparation: exercises and assignments, reading course material
In course: assignments (both individual and group), discussions and role play
In order to be eligible for the certificate you need to hand in all the assignments on Canvas and participate in (all of the) the online sessions. For more information you can contact email@example.com.