At the end of the workshop you are able to deliver an effective and efficient learning experience for students by means of a pre-recorderd microlecture video.
You will be using your own device from your home office.
In three online workshops and weekly self-study assignments you will be guided through the process of preparing, designing, developing and implementing, and evaluating an microlecture video.
Week 1: Video in education
- Online start session: Introduction to the course
- Self-study: Instructional design in general and instructional video
- Activity: Is instructional video the solution?
Week 2: Your starting situation
- Self-study: A video script, subject domain and copyright
- Activity: Prepare your video production design.
Week 3: Video design
- Online session 2: Script and visuals design
- Self-study: Slides, visuals and resources
- Activity: Creating a script and visuals.
Week 4: Video development
- Self-study: How to record a video in PowerPoint (or keynote).
- Activity: Produce your video.
Week 5: Implementation and reflection
- Online final session: Publish and evaluate your video
- Activity: Share results.
For questions or advice: TELT@utwente.nl