JOIN is the university Document Management System (DMS) for the digital recording and management of documents. Using JOIN, cooperation with colleagues is more efficient and information can be viewed at any time from any workplace or from home. By only authorising staff to access the information they need for their work, a safe working environment is guaranteed.
In addition, JOIN meets the statutory archiving and destruction requirements, so the archiving or destruction – or, on the other hand, the retention – of documents is taken proper care of.
When working on a UT PC/laptop Join can be used for home office without limitations. When working on a non-UT PC/laptop some functionality will be lost because the Join Now Software is not installed. For working with Join from a private PC/laptop it is advised to follow the following manual.
MANUAL FOR WORKING WITH JOIN WITHOUT CLIENT SOFTWARE
We can create a working environment for you in JOIN and guide you in its use. This will increase the probability that no knowledge is lost and important information can quickly be retrieved. To name just a few advantages:
- Documents are stored in a central location
- Documents will no longer get lost
- Documents can be retrieved quickly and easily
- File creation option
- JOIN is a web application, and therefore not location-specific; you can use it anywhere
- Everyone with the same rights has access to the same documents
- Documents or files are retained or destroyed in accordance with the Public Records Act
- Information on UT education quality assurance and UT programme accreditations can be consulted by default if you have access to JOIN.
If you have been working with JOIN for some time you are already familiar with the system, but you may not be aware of all its possibilities. Maybe some actions you perform on a daily basis could be carried out a lot faster. Of course, you can contact us personally to discuss your questions or requests.
Interested? Send your question by email to JOINbeheer@utwente.nl and we will map out all options available to you. Contact one of our archive specialists if you have any questions about archiving matters.
Below you can find some practical guidelines.
- Manual for using JOIN without client software
- How can I install JOIN-NOW?
- JOIN instruction card
- JOIN-NOW manual
- Manual for shortcut in 'Send to' feature in Windows Explorer
- Known issues