SO, YOU WANT TO JOIN THE INSPIRE-U SUMMER CAMP, BUT YOU’RE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR LEVEL OF ENGLISH? THEN, SPEAK UP!
Speak Up Summer Camp is an accelerated 4-day course in English communication skills, designed to improve your level of English and boost your confidence - before the start of the InspireU summer camp. The course involves morning, afternoon and evening workshops that combine training in academic and social communication. The courses are managed by a professional English teacher, the evening activities by students.
- When: Wed. 8 August – Sat. 11 August 2018 (Arrival Tue. 7 August – Departure Sun.12 August)
- Where: University of Twente campus Enschede
- Responsible: TCP Language Centre University of Twente
- For whom: InspireU participants, 15 - 18 years old
- Level: B1 (CEF)
- Costs: €395,- p.p., group prize: €375,- p.p, including group accommodation, full time guidance and meals
- More information and registration:
- Brush Up on your social skills in English: an act of improving your memory or skill.
- Catch Up on your academic skills in English: succeed in reaching a person who is ahead of you.
- Pick Up new words, phrases and grammatical forms: obtain, acquire, or learn something, in an informal way.
- Speed Up your progress in English: an increase in speed, especially in a person's rate of working (learning).
- Meet Up with international students before InspireU: to see someone in an informal meeting or gathering.
- Wrap up with a test on all you have learned and presentation of your new skills: a final report or summary.
- Speak Up for yourself: to defend or support your ideas.
Will involve focused exercises, using examples of academic writing to practise skills in:
- reading, writing, speaking, listening
- academic tone
Will involve active practice of the skills learned in the morning session, through such activities as:
- role play
- goal-oriented games
Will involve language-rich entertainment activities such as film, karaoke, theatre-sports and presentations.