The Cambridge courses offered by the TCP Language Centre serve as a preparation for the internationally recognised Cambridge examinations: Cambridge First (FCE), Advanced (CAE), and Proficiency (CPE). These examinations are held externally, at official exam centres, and can be arranged individually through the British Council. Registration for exams is optional and at participants’ own cost.
- In order to determine your level and assess which course is appropriate for you, you are required to do the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT). This is an online test which consists of a listening component and a grammar and vocabulary (“Use of English”) component.
- Request a token for the OOPT.
- After two business days, you will receive an e-mail with your token and instructions to access the test online. Your token will be valid for two weeks.
- Take the test (you have 60 minutes in total to complete the test).
- The test results in a Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level of language proficiency ranging from A1 to C2.
- Soon after taking the test, you will receive an e-mail from the TCP Language Centre with your results and a recommendation for a specific Cambridge course.
Request Intake test
At this moment it is not possible to request a token for the OOPT. New courses start again in October 2017.
As from 21 August registration is open again.