What courses does the TCP Language Centre offer?
The TCP Language Centre offers Dutch, English and Spanish courses to everyone at the University of Twente: lecturers, support staff, researchers and students.
I am a non-UT participant. Can I join a course at the TCP Language Centre?
People from outside the university can join our language courses under certain conditions. Interested parties are invited to contact the TCP Language Centre about options and conditions.
Where can I find information about the courses?
A course description for each course can be found on www.utwente.nl/tcp. If you are not sure which course is most suitable for you, you can contact the TCP Language Centre at email@example.com or come to the TCP Service desk on floor 5 of the Vrijhof.
How do I register?
Students (excluding PhD):
English and Spanish courses
1. Go to the bottom of the course webpage of your choice and click on the registration link.
2. Make an account for the UT online payment portal (you only need to do this once).
3. Fill in the course registration form.
4. Use internet payment to pay your course fee.
Dutch language courses
1. Go to www.utwente.nl/tcp and then to STUDENTS. Print the registration form for the course of your choice.
2. Fill in the form. Check whether Dialang-results are required. If so, follow the instructions for doing the Dialang test.
3. Hand in the completed form to the Student Services desk on floor 2 of the Vrijhof and pay your course fee, using PIN.
4. Note that registration for language courses is only possible in late August/early September and in January. For exact dates, see www.utwente.nl/tcp.
Staff / PhD:
1. Go to www.utwente.nl/tcp and then to STAFF / PHD. Fill in the online registration form for the course of your choice.
2. Check whether Dialang-results are required. If so, follow the instructions for doing the Dialang test.
3. Send the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand it in at the TCP Service desk on floor 5 of the Vrijhof.
The course of my choice is full. What can I do?
You may ask to have your name put on a waiting list. If a place becomes available you will be contacted and invited to register.
I don't know which course fee I have to pay.
If you are a student and you are not sure what your official student status is, please contact the study advisor in your department.
Which payment methods can I use?
Students, excluding PhD-candidates (English and Spanish language courses):
Online payment, using the university’s online payment portal.
Students, excluding PhD-candidates (Dutch language courses):
Pay at the Student Services desk on floor 2 of the Vrijhof, using PIN
Staff / PhD:
If your department is paying for you, please give the name of your manager or supervisor and the OFI-number to which the course can be charged. If you pay for the course yourself, you will receive an invoice.
I don't know my dialang scores
For some courses it is essential that the TCP has detailed information about your current level of language proficiency. In those cases it is essential that you give us your Dialang scores.
For instructions on how to use Dialang, see www.utwente.nl/tcp and go to DIALANG AND CEF.
If you omit to fill in the Dialang scores on your registration form, your registration will not be processed. If you provide false information about previous knowledge of the language in question, your registration will be annulled and registration fees already paid will not be reimbursed.
Will I receive a certificate after completion of the course?
A certificate of attendance will be issued to those course participants who were present at and have actively taken part in at least 75% of the lessons. If a formal test is part of the course, then passing the test is also a condition to receiving a certificate.
Due to circumstances I cannot start the course for which I registered. Will I get my money back?
Cancellation by the course participant is possible only BEFORE registration closes. Candidates should contact the TCP in writing, stating full personal and course details. Course fees already paid will be reimbursed.
Cancellation by the course participant AFTER registration has closed will NOT lead to a refund. An exception may be made in the case of pressing personal circumstances, such as hospital admission. In such situations a request for a refund can be made in writing, stating relevant personal and course details.
If the TCP has to cancel the course for which you registered, you will of course be fully reimbursed.
I wish to make a complaint. What do I do?
If you are unhappy about the offer of language courses for students or the rates that apply to the various groups of students, please contact your supervisor.
For complaints about the content or the organisation of any of our courses, please contact the TCP at email@example.com.