An informative day about studying with a disability / impairment for future students.
As we are still dealing with the necessary measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this physical programme has been cancelled. No online programme will be offered.
Report your personal circumstances if you want to be informed about studying at the UT with a functional disability, (chronic) illness or mental issues.
The transition from high school to the university demands a lot of prospective students. When you study with a chronic illness or (psychological) disability your challenges are even greater. The introduction program “studying with a disability” prepares you for a good start at our university. This programme offers starting students and parents specific information about studying with a disability or chronic illness.
- To get acquainted with the several study counsellors you encountered during your studies: study adviser of your educational programme, student counsellor, psychologist and diversity co-ordinator.
- Finding your way in the practical affairs of guidance and support.
- Clarity on whom to contact for specific questions and facilities.
- Practical experience of a student.
- Information about the Kick-In and how you can participate in the introduction programme as well as possible with your personal circumstances.
- Information on specific support from outside institutions.
After lunch, students will be speed dating with study counsellors and students. For parents, there is a separate meeting 'balance between coaching and letting go' with a counselling psychologist.