Student psychologists offer short-term, solution-oriented help with study problems and/or personal problems. You can contact us if you suffer for instance from performance anxiety or procrastination and when faced with sadness, fear, insecurity, or family problems.
All students at the University of Twente can use the services of the student psychologist. No referral is needed and it is free of charge.
Unfortunately, requests to give interviews or to participate in study projects cannot be accepted.
- WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
During an orientation meeting, we make an assessment of your complaints and what kind of help you need. There are a number of options such as:
- Short-term individual treatment (up to 5 appointments)
- Participation in E-Health modules
- Participation in a group/training
- Referral advice (via the GP, you are redirected to external aid)
- CONDITIONS AND RULES
- It is important that you arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late, it will be deducted from your time slot.
- When you arrive, please report to our secretary's office (red desk) so we know you are there. Your therapist will pick you up from the waiting room.
- It may happen that you are unable to attend your appointment. Given our waiting lists, we really appreciate that an appointment is cancelled or rescheduled in a timely manner (>24 hours in advance). This is important so that we can offer other students the vacant spot and together as UT-community make sure that everyone is helped as soon as possible.
- If you would like to reschedule the meeting, please contact our secretary. You can call them during business hours at +31 (0)53-489 2035 or visit the red desk in the Vrijhof to schedule in a new appointment.
- A no-show without cancellation will count as a fully used appointment. You will not be offered a replacement session.
- The student psychologists offer only short-term solution-oriented help. If long-term guidance or specialized care is required, the student psychologist will refer you to a general practitioner (GP) for a referral outside the university.
- To receive care in the Netherlands, it is mandatory to register with a general practitioner. If you don’t have a GP yet, you can register at the campus GP.
The average waiting time from registration to intake is at the moment approximately 2 weeks
Follow-up meetings can be scheduled via our secretariat SACC: + 31 53 489 2035
Options if your problems are so severe that you can not wait for an appointment:
- During office hours, contact your own GP.
- Outside office hours, contact the out-of-hours GP service: +31 88 555 1188 (if you live in Enschede) or +31 88 555 1155 (if you live in Hengelo).
- If you have suicidal thoughts, please contact 113 suicide prevention via the website or by calling 0800-0113.
- In all other cases of emergency, please call 112.
- UT PSYCHOLOGISTS
- Mr Hans Feiertag MSc - BIG nr. 19049940825
- Mrs Annemarie Klanderman MSc
- Mrs Caroline de Koning MSc - BIG nr. 09063741325
- Mrs Annemarie Slot MSc - BIG nr. 49915406825
- Mrs Anne Wauben MSc
- Mrs Alein Lucassen MSc
- Mrs Marte Disse MSc
- Mrs Lieke Alink MSc BIG nr. 19928740125
- Mrs Frederiek Brinks MSc BIG nr.