For PhD-candidates and employees of the UT and ITC, who have completed the Online Dutch B2 > B2/C1 course, or a similar basic course and whose current level of Dutch is approximately CEF-level B2/C1.
In this follow-up course participants extend their knowledge of Dutch to CEF-level C1
Method used: Nederlands naar Perfectie (chapters 5-8)
- Dutch grammar and conventions;
- social & professional language;
- speaking fluently & spontaneously;
- writing clear, detailed and well-argued short texts;
- reading long and complex business and literary texts;
- understanding films & TV programmes.
This fully online course will allow you to learn flexibly, whenever and wherever you want, while still receiving a structured approach with a fixed duration and supervision from a teacher. This online course cover s all skills, including speaking and writing.
Online interaction: For some of the assignments, all students will have direct contact with the teacher. These meetings will be held at fixed times in weeks 2, 5 and 8 of the course and will last 30 minutes. Time differences will be taken into account while planning these meetings, so they will be spread over various days and times. In addition to these meetings, the teacher will be available via chat, e-mail or Skype during the course.
To practice speaking skills the participants will be given assignments that they can complete in pairs, in small groups or individually with SpeakApps and Skype.
You will also get feedback on three writing assignments.
Duration: 12 weeks (8 with supervision)
Time investment: 8-10 hours each week. The study load for this course is roughly equivalent to 3 ECTS
Admission is granted on the basis of certificates obtained from earlier language courses, in this case Online Dutch B2/C1 (B2/C1 level); or an intake exam, which can be found in the following link: NT2 Intake exam
For a smooth registration procedure it is necessary to also register at the website of the RUG. Please do so immediately after the UT-registration for this course (at the bottom of this page).
Registration in Groningen:
- - Via this link you can choose your course and register online.
- - as a method of payment please choose “Payment guarantee” and mention the University of Twente.
- - if it’s your first registration for a RUG-course, please make an account before you enroll.