In this four-part course, you will learn how to structure your academic writing. The course will cover the different levels of structure and structural conventions in academic writing. You will practise recognising conventions in your own field of research. You will also learn how to maintain cohesion throughout a text and how to build coherent paragraphs so that readers can easily understand your writing, regardless of the complexity of your topic.
- the purpose of structural conventions
- the different levels of structure
- how to maintain flow throughout a text
- how to guide the reader
- the importance of paragraph structure
- how to transition between paragraphs
- how to use linking words and phrases
This workshop consists of four two-hour online workshops. In advance of each workshop you will be sent tasks with instructions, to complete before attending.