TGS: Pilot Presentation skills - NMC
TGS: Pilot Presentation Skills (from the point of view of the mandatory PhD courses, this pilot is equivalent to following the “Presentation Skills Bootcamp")
This interactive course will be offered in an Online and On-Campus combination.
The course starts with an On-Campus introductory session, followed by an online Nature Masterclass NMC (a total of 10 hours of learning divided into 15 minute lessons) that you follow in your own time. You can stop and go at any time during this NMC course, allowing for a flexible learning schedule. Once you have completed the online course, you will receive a certificate from Nature which will allow you to participate in the program of the final interactive On Campus day.
After this intensive workshop you will:
- Have practiced presenting yourself and your research in different academic settings (introducing yourself, research pitch, conference presentation)
- Have helped your peers improve their presentation skills by giving effective feedback
- Have an understanding of your presentation strengths and areas which you could develop further
- Have obtained a Nature Masterclass certificate for the ‘Advancing Your Scientific Presentations’ course
Expect a very supportive environment where you will work together in small groups with your peers and a trainer to develop your presentation skills. You will focus on a task such as:
- Introducing yourself
- Introducing your research
- Presenting your research at a conference
- Designing Powerpoint presentations
- Giving feedback to peers
What NOT to expect:
- In-depth treatment of basic English language and pronunciation issues
- In-depth treatment of field-specific content
Programme is for PhD-candidates from the UT
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Participants are required to attend both On Campus sessions and to individually take the following online interactive Nature Masterclass: ‘Advancing Your Scientific Presentations’. After this NMC course, there is an additional homework assignment.
Total time investment: approximately 42 hours (1,5 ECTS).
- TGS: Pilot Scientific Presentations
TGS: Pilot Scientific Presentations
- PROGRAMME IS FOR
PhD-candidates from UT
Total time investment of 1,5 ECTS.
Check the available course dates on the page below.
Participants are required to attend both On-Campus sessions and the Online NMC ‘Advancing Your Scientific Presentations’. A total of 42 hours of learning.
On-Campus The Gallery and Canvas Online
- COURSE FEE
This training will be paid from central funds.
- MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS
Qualified teachers of the UT Language Centre.
- COURSE MATERIALS
Will be provided before and during the training.
English language proficiency at level CEF B2 or higher (Common European Framework) is required.
UT LANGUAGE CENTRE
Carla Gerritsen and Aline Valster
Top of Form
SIGN UP FOR:
Bottom of Form