In this extended 1 year (online) blended course, students will acquire a basic and practical knowledge of Dutch, leading them to CEF-level A2. This extended course is designed to learn Dutch without experiencing a to heavy study load next to your study program.
- Dutch grammar and conventions
- Basic vocabulary
- Speaking and writing about everyday situations and personal life
- Understanding and being able to produce short messages and announcements
- Writing short and simple letters, invitations, etc., give personal information
- Reading for the main points in short texts
The course consists of self-study and group tuition. Conversation lessons are every two weeks, in the self-study week you have to prepare for the next lesson. You use the online learning platform to listen to dialogues, practise and learn grammar, do exercises and learn the vocabulary. You also have to send in assignments and you can visit the Virtual Dutch Language Cafe to practice your conversation skills.
Attendance at every lesson is essential. The course consists of 20 lessons of two hours each, with one session every two weeks. Self-study is expected to take approximately three hours per week.