This advanced course will lead you to CEF-level B2. After completion of this course, you will be able to start preparations for the State Exam NT2, programme II. Participants receive a certificate of attendance after completion.
With this course, you will be able to improve your Dutch language skills from level B1 to level B2 during one academic year. There will be a meeting every week during which you can work on improving your verbal skills with the aid of a teacher. Furthermore, you will work on improving your reading, vocabulary, grammar and writing using our study guide. During class meetings, you will have the opportunity to get answers to your questions about the self-study programme and about any every-day language matters that you come across.
Exercises and assignments are aimed at preparation for the State Exam, programme II.
- Dutch grammar and conventions
- Stating and defending your opinion both in conversation and in writing
- Writing texts
- Understanding media, reading academic texts
- Extension of advanced vocabulary
You can divide your course load over the year, the minimum requirements being:
- you will complete the entire self-study programme (all 18 sections);
- you will attend at least four class meetings per quarter (16 in total).
(In due consultation with the teacher, exceptions can be made)
Admission is granted on the basis of certificates obtained from earlier coures; or an intake exam, which can be found in the following link: NT2 Intake exam