Provide participants with the opportunity to significantly improve their overall English proficiency. Participants learn to use English effectively and perform confidently in social and professional situations, and in higher education. This course prepares participants for the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
- Intensive online training in all language skills via Canvas Conferences;
- interactive classes;
- particular focus on vocabulary and idioms (English in Use);
- extensive use of authentic materials;
- peer-reviews and self-assessment to enhance personal study results;
- exam preparation, with mock exams to train oral skills.
This special course consists of 20 two-and-a-half-hour classes in 10 weeks (two sessions per week), providing ample opportunity for discussion, pair work and group work. In addition, participants are expected to spend a considerable amount of time on self-study assignments.See http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/ for more information.
Attendance at every lesson is essential. The course is held over 10 weeks. Homework is expected to take approximately six hours each week.
Participants are required to complete an Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) before being accepted for enrolment in a Cambridge course. English language proficiency at level CEF B2 (Common European Framework) is required.