There are many aspects in presenting online that differ from presenting in a physical (offline) setting. This workshop is aimed at supporting students in preparing and conducting online presentations. Participants will have gained knowledge and developed skills on how to prepare and conduct online presentations in an effective and attractive manner. Besides in a presentation setting, skills learned in this workshop can also be used in any professional online setting, like webinars and online group work.
· Use of online tools to support your presentation goals (e.g. online use of Powerpoint, Mentimeter, OBS/Green Screen)
· Presentation structure, speaking notes, style and contents
· How to keep your audience’s attention focused during your online presentation
· Specific verbal and non-verbal aspects that occur during an online presentation and how to tackle them
· Professional online appearance (choice of clothing, use of colours, background)
This is a 100% online workshop, it is facilitated by means of Canvas Conference and conducted in two sessions. A dedicated Canvas page is used to offer background information, tips, tools and guidelines. In addition, Traintool is used to enable execution of individual presentation assignments.
The workshop takes places in two consecutive two-hour sessions within a one-week-period. Prior to both sessions, a short, individual presentation assignment is prepared and executed in Traintool. Self-study and preparation time: approximately two hours per session. Participants are expected to attend all sessions.
Students that seek to develop their online presentation skills and simultaneously want to improve their regular presentation skills.
For organisational purposes, participants are divided into two sub groups for the second session. Each sub group is scheduled within a different time frame. Individual preferences for a certain timeframe may be expressed, but cannot always be adhered to.