Upon completing this workshop:
- you can collect, select, structure and formulate complex information
- you can transform such information into a popularized journalistic story in the form of a news article, press release or blog post
- you can analyse and discuss the characteristics of science journalism and its relation to society
- During their study, students receive academic writing skills. But how do you translate scientific knowledge in, for example, a bachelor's or master's thesis into a convincing and attractive text in for example a news item, press release or blog post? To popularise specific and complex knowledge, journalistic skills are needed.
- In this course you will learn various techniques used to present scientific knowledge and insights in a widely understandable form. You will learn to apply journalistic and popularisation techniques to a subject of your own choice.
- All participants will receive a PDF by e-mail after the workshop with a summary of the learning points and slides used during the workshop.
This workshop consists of one evening session of three hours, 18:00 - 21:00.
The sign-up for this course is available from the 14th of January.