How to facilitate final projects and internships knowing that labs have limited capacity and organizations offering internships must comply with the 1.5m measure?
- Investigate whether final qualifications offer room for adapting the learning objectives of the internship or graduation project so that more flexibility and other options can be offered to the student.
- Investigate whether the internship or graduation project can be replaced by an internal (research, modelling or simulation) project.
- In the case of a suspended internship or graduation thesis assignment, award credits for the work/part and research already done if the remainder can be filled in in another way.
- Change the order of internship and graduation project so that the student may be able to find a place at an internship provider more easily later on. Then the student can now carry out the thesis within the UT.
- In case of critical or urgent research file a request via the “leerstoelhouder” for the use of lab space.