Implementation of a SUTQ at the University of Twente contributes to a continuous development of the UT education. The SUTQ contributes to the following objectives:
- More attention to (-the importance of-) the quality of education within educational programs.
- University/Faculty recognition of achievements of experienced teachers.
- Promotion of the development of educational expertise by experienced teachers.
- Community building among experienced teachers.
- Improvement of the quality of peer guidance of beginning teachers and UTQ teachers.
- Knowledge sharing between educational programs in the field of education.
The following princples are charaterizing the SUTQ:
- Peer Review: during the project the SUTQ candidate involves peers for feedback on the product.
- Evidence Informed: for answering the educational question the SUTQ candidates uses scientific sources to justify insights, approaches and choices made.
- Student Driven Learning; the learner (here: ‘the SUTQ candidate’) takes control over his own learning process.