SUTQ is designed for experienced teachers (> 5 years experience), who already achieved their UTQ (or exemption) and have the ambition to improve the/their education.
SUTQ is aiming at experienced teachers:
…with the curiosity and ambition to improve/innovate the/their education;
…who have innovative ideas about their own and/or the UT education;
…who are (or want to be) an example for their fellow teachers;
…pursuing a teaching career besides a research career.
Next starting condition is participants have to be nominated by their (-or most obvious-) program director. The SUTQ application procedure therefore runs through the program director of faculties.
Teachers opt for a SUTQ because...
- They want to answer a relevant educational question regarding the (own) education and therefore are searching for the necessary support;
- They want to improve their own education/innovation;
- They get the opportunity to acquire and obtain recognition of special educational knowledge/experience;
- They are encouraged by their program director/supervisor to deepen a specific research/design question in the context of SUTQ.”
Conditions for participation
- Start condition for participating in a SUTQ is a completed UTQ or an UTQ exemption
- For interested teachers with a BKO dispensation applies an alternative intake procedure.
- Participation in the SUTQ is on teacher’s own initiative, but also in consultation with the program director.
- (For the time being) SUTQ concerns an individually customized process, in line with participant’s context and learning needs.
- The SUTQ content/case should contribute to the improvement of education within the university and/or own education.
- Knowledge dissemination is an essential aspect of the SUTQ.
- For the SUTQ the participant invests approximately 160 hours
- Duration of the SUTQ is approximately one year (depending of the project plan and after consultation this period can be extended if required).
- The Educational Leadership Trajectory (ELT) leads (for the time being) to a SUTQ qualification, since the focus of the ELT trajectory lies in a different perspective of education.
- The starting point of the SUTQ is a development question, not a certification question. This means SUTQ exemptions will not be provided.