The general aim of this course is thedevelopment of teaching skills for PhD candidates with teaching tasks. In this courseyou will follow the life of a PhD candidate on his first steps on the teachingpath. Several real obstacles and dilemmas on this journey come across.Together, through educational theories, exercises and collaboration we willtackle these issues. In this way common beginning teaching problems andpositive experiences shall be shared.
After the course, theparticipant is able to:
- formulate a vision on teaching, learning, andsupervision of students, taking into account the context in which he/she works and state of theart educational developments;
- plan and execute a structured lesson in which students are activated tolearn;
- reflect on his/her own teaching, develop ideas for improving his/herteaching and implement these in practice;
- explain the relevant aspects of the assessment of projects and writtenexams;
- make a plan for using new technologies in his/her teaching;
- give feedback on the teaching of peer teachers.
Main subjects of the program are preparation and implementation of aneducational meeting and how to supervise students in an effectiveway. Next to a basic program there is also room for own/personal learningquestions.
The method used in thiscourse refers to an interactive and dynamic wayof working by several proven educational theories but especially intensiveexercises, feedback and collaboration with trainers and peers. One PhDcandidate can be supportive to another candidate to get him/her on a higherteaching level.
The course is facilitated by trainers of the Centre of Expertise in Learningand Teaching (CELT) of the University of Twente.
Participating in the Taste of Teaching bootcamp provides you 2 EC, which can beincreased to 5 EC when combined with actual teaching (and preparation) hours inyour department.
In case of questions or remarks, sent us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org