Phone Number Contact
Description Job Opportunity
Preference Study Discipline (if possible)
1 - Sep - 2016
Application Engineer (m/f)
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands
- Advise internal organization and/or customers and/or third parties about technical possibilities of products, systems and services during the ETO (Engineering To Order) process in close co-operation with Sales Management and within given authorization level;
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Technical review of project documentation. Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers.
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of complete power distribution system design, protection & control design, or upgrades, installation, testing, maintenance, repair and training.
- Review electrical diagrams and factory drawing packages
- Providing specialized technical support for commissioning and testing of electrical installations, including programming and FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and if desired SAT (Site Acceptance test) on location world-wide, of electronic protective relays and control equipment.
- Analyse failures based on customer information and advice on solutions
- Maintaining and expand Engineering Guidelines, and define and implement process improvements that improve the efficiency of the Custom Order Engineering team.
- Investigate technological developments and working methods with regard to Application Engineering, advise about possible improvements and implement these; Document all activities, data and information in line with procedures