See More information

alternative accommodation

If you are:

  • an (international) student, staff member, PhD researcher or guest who does not need an entry visa and/or residence permit, or
  • a second or third year student, staff member, PhD researcher or guest needing an entry visa and/or residence permit who had guaranteed accommodation for the first year

and you are looking for accommodation on campus or in the vicinity of our university, please create an account at Roomspot; the online housing portal for Enschede and Hengelo. Here you can find the current housing offer in Enschede and Hengelo and apply for the accommodations you are interested in.


For your convenience, we have listed some useful links. Also keep in mind that you can take a look at the UT Marketplace on Facebook, where students occasionally post a message when their rooms become available. Alternatively, you can find housing via the co-optation process of student houses.

For permanent stay (Longer than 1 year)

For long stay (longer than 3 months)

For short stay (shorter than 3 months):

Portals (Short and Long stay)

Avoid scams

We have received reports of students being scammed when looking for accommodation. Please keep in mind to never pay high, out of proportion amounts of money prior to signing a contract and/or viewing a room.