ON ADVANCED PURCHASING & SUPPLY RESEARCH
University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
26-30 June 2017
The IFPSM Summer School is organised with the aim to provide an opportunity for intensive interaction of PhD students from all around the world with some of the leading professors of
the eld. In order to achieve that the number of participants is limited (usually around 15) and a speci c setting is chosen: joined housing with lots of interaction possibilities.
The Summer School is a combination of:
- Lectures by the professors: providing an overview of specific purchasing and supply topics and the state of the art on that subject;
- Presentations by the students: presenting their research and receiving feedback.
The Summer School aims to:
- Assist participants in their own PhD research;
- Provide an overview of broader purchasing and supply research;
- Provide a forum for talented young scholars for exchanging ideas and establishing a research network;
- Create a joint working experience with international colleagues.
Participation in the Summer School is most bene cial for students either nishing their rst year of research discussing their approach or maybe a rst paper or close to the end wanting to re ne output. Candidates are:
- Eenrolled PhD, postgraduate students of an accredited institute of higher education;
- In the phase of writing a dissertation on purchasing or a closely related areas;
- Fluent in English.
The professional program starts on June 26th 2017 and extends over the entire week. The workload is equivalent to 5 ECTS. Scheduled speakers for this year are the professors Larry Giunipero (Florida State University, USA), Chris Ellegaard (University of Arhus, DK), Christoph Bode (University of Mannheim, D) and Mats Bergman (Södertörn University Stockholm, S), next to the hosts: Jan Telgen (University of Twente, NL) and Holger Schiele (University of Twente, NL).
The IFPSM is the main sponsor of the Summer School, but contribution is expected from other organisations as well. This assistance makes it possible that participants have to pay a relatively low, participation fee: EUR 700 (excl. VAT). The registration fee includes lodging during 5 nights, a dinner and all materials.
SUMMER SCHOOL SECRETARIAT
Further information can be obtained from the Summer School Secretariat (NEVI-office):
Phone: +316 20621299
Jan Willem van der Meer