Ravelijn room RA 4424
Jun Cheol Oh
PO Box 217
NL - 7500 AE Enschede
Telephone: (053) 489 3440
Fax:(053) 489 2159
Jun Cheol Oh is working as a visiting researcher here through a long term fellowship of overseas studies supported by Korean government. Jun received his PhD in a department of material science and engineering at POSTECH, South Korea in 2002. His PhD’s thesis was about the surface treatment of titanium alloys by high energy electron beam irradiation. After his graduation he worked as a post-doc at University of Oxford in 2003, and NIMS(Nation Institute of Material Science) of Japan in 2004. During the post-doc, he researched on the 3DAP(3 dimensional atom probe) analyses for investigating the nano-microstructure of aluminum and magnesium alloys. In May 2005, he started to work as a patent examiner in KIPO(Korean Intellectual Property Office), and handled the patent in the area of imaging device, ferrous and non-ferrous alloys and surface treatment. Also he had passed the qualification of a patent attorney in 2010.
- May 2005 – Present: Patent Examiner, KIPO, Daejoen, Korea
- \june 2004 – April 2005: Post-doc, Metallic Nanostructure Group, NIMS, Japan
- April 2003 – April 2004 Post-doc, Dept. of Materials, University of Oxford supported by KOSEF
Jun’s research is about ‘The effect of IP unitary market strategy in EU on the IP and market competition for Korean companies’. He is also interested in the R&D evaluation and innovative governmental policies.
He is not engaged in teaching here.
- He is involved in the ‘The research group on metal examination’ and ‘The research group on unitary patent in Korea” of KIPO.
- He is an evaluation staff of KEIT(Korea evaluation institute of industrial technology).
- Evaluation staff of campus universiade – prior art and strategy(2012– 2013)
- Assistant administrator of the research group on alloy examination(2010-2011)
- Member of planning committee in 2010 industrial original technology development work (2009)
‘Validity of development for searching system in alloy patent’ by policy research and service task in KIPO(2013): Comparison an analyses of searching system in USPTO, JPO, EPO in alloy patent.
- ‘Examination guidelines in Specific field-Alloys’ (2008)
- ‘National precedent in Numerical limitations and parameter invention’ (2009)
- ‘Description requirement in parameter invention-metal’ (2010)