The course covers evaluation of university research, R&D programs, institutes as well as evaluation of policy and funding bodies.
- Evolution of R&D Evaluation
- Design of R&D evaluation, selection of methods in relation to the policy problem and general context
- Exercise I on evaluation design: logic chart
- Output identification and measurement: methods and problems. Scientific output and technological effects, economic and social impacts
- Exercise II on evaluation of institutes and university research
- Evaluation of policy tools and systems
- Ex-ante Evaluation
- Policy uses of evaluation: how to make an evaluation effective
- Exercise III on communicating evaluation results and policymaking
- Course dinner
- Presentation exercise III
- Future of R&D evaluation
Informal interaction with the teachers and among participants with different backgrounds during meals, etc. provides an important learning experience.