Building: Cubicus, room B125
Telephone: +31 (0)53 – 489 4470 (secretary)
Fax: +31 (0)53 – 489 2895
Harald Vonkeman studied Medicine at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. He specialized in Rheumatology (2005, MST Enschede) and in Epidemiology (2007, VU Amsterdam) and wrote a thesis on NSAID use (2007, UT Enschede). His expertise lies in clinical and observational research in rheumatic diseases, measuring quality of care with a focus on transparency of outcomes, the design and implementation of medical quality measurement systems and the design and development of new instruments to measure the patient’s perspective.
Harald Vonkeman is principal medical tutor Rheumatology in MST Enschede
The scientific research is directly relevant to patients suffering from chronic (rheumatic) diseases and for society as a whole. The research projects are being conducted in a collaboration of the University of Twente, faculty of Behavioural Sciences, and the Arthritis Center Twente (department of Rheumatology and Clinical immunology of Medisch Spectrum Twente) with the following research tracks: the measurement of quality of care with focus on transparency of outcomes, assessment of the patient’s perspective, psychosocial aspects of chronic (rheumatic) diseases, clinical pharmacology, health-economics, cardiovascular disease in rheumatic diseases. The research takes place in a technological context.
- Member consilium rheumatologicum
- Member plenary auditing committee NVR
- Member quality committee NVR
- Member NVR
- Member VvE
- Member DPS
- Nikolaus S, Bode C, Taal E, Vonkeman HE, Glas CA, van de Laar MA. Working mechanism of a multidimensional computerized adaptive test for fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2015 Feb 21;13(1):23.
- Oude Voshaar MA, Ten Klooster PM, Bode C, Vonkeman HE, Glas CA, Jansen T, van Albada-Kuipers I, van Riel PL, van de Laar MA. Assessment of fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis: a psychometric comparison of single-item, multiitem, and multidimensional measures. J Rheumatol. 2015 Mar;42(3):413-20. .
- Manders SH, Kievit W, Adang E, Jansen TJ, Stolk JN, Visser H, Schilder AM, Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA, van Riel PL. Effectiveness of TNF inhibitor treatment with various methotrexate doses in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: results from clinical practice. Ann Rheum Dis. 2015 Mar;74(3):e24
- Ten Klooster PM, Vonkeman HE, Oude Voshaar MA, Siemons L, van Riel PL, van de Laar MA. Predictors of satisfactory improvements in pain for patients with early rheumatoid arthritis in a treat-to-target study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014 Nov 27.
- Siemons L, Ten Klooster PM, Vonkeman HE, van Riel PL, Glas CA, van de Laar MA. How age and sex affect the erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein in early rheumatoid arthritis. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 Nov 6;15:368.
- Nota I, Drossaert CH, Taal E, Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA. Patient participation in decisions about disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 Oct 4;15:333
- Oude Voshaar MA, Ten Klooster PM, Glas CA, Vonkeman HE, Krishnan E, van de Laar MA. Relative performance of commonly used physical function questionnaires in rheumatoid arthritis and a patient-reported outcomes measurement information system computerized adaptive test. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014 Oct;66(10):2900-8.
- Siemons L, ten Klooster PM, Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA, Glas CA. Further optimization of the reliability of the 28-joint disease activity score in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. PLoS One. 2014 Jun 23;9(6):e100544.
- Meek IL, Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA. Hyperuricaemia: a marker of increased cardiovascular risk in rheumatic patients: analysis of the ACT-CVD cohort. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 May 23;15:174.
- Meek IL, Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA. Cardiovascular case fatality in rheumatoid arthritis is decreasing; first prospective analysis of a current low disease activity rheumatoid arthritis cohort and review of the literature. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 Apr 29;15:142.