Monday and Thursday
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
+31 53 489 4470 (secr.)
As a PhD-student, I’m focused on:
- Emotional Awareness
- Borderline Personality Pathology
- mHealth in the field of mental health
- user centered design in mental health settings
As a Health Psychologist, I’m familiar with:
- Mental health disorders, in particular with personality disorders and (complex) PTSD
- Psychological testing
- Diagnosing disorders
- Treatment of disorders by cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), schema-focused therapy (SFT), dialectical behaviorial treatment (DBT), EMDR, Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET)
- Experiencing psychosis: Schizophrenia Spectrum Problems (Psychopathology)
- Diagnosis of personality disorders (Psychodiagnostics) – VAKCODE?
- The individual – Psychodynamic Perspective. VAKCODE?
- Project Sense-IT
Main researcher/PhD-student; in collaboration with Prof. Dr. E.T. Bohlmeijer [PHT], Prof. Dr. G. Westerhof [PHT], Dr. M.L. Noordzij [CPE/PHT], Dr. R. Klaassen [HMI].
The project’s ultimate goal is to design an effective and efficient mHealth e-coaching intervention that can help BPD patients with low emotional awareness to learn to better recognize and monitor their own emotional arousal.
Derks, Y.P.M.J, Westerhof, G.J., and Bohlmeijer, E.T. (2016). A Meta-Analysis on the Association Between Emotional Awareness and Borderline Personality Pathology. J Pers Disord: p. 1-23.
Derks, Y. P. M. J., De Visser, T., Bohlmeijer, E. T., & Noordzij, M. L. (2017). mHealth in Mental Health: How to efficiently and scientifically create an ambulatory biofeedback e-coaching app for patients with Borderline Personality Disorder. submitted
Derks, Y., Westerhof, G., & Bohlmeijer, E. (2014). Emotionele gewaarwording. In B. Van Heycop ten Ham, M. Hulsbergen, & E. Bohlmeijer (Eds.), Transdiagnostische factoren (1st ed., pp. 183–210). Amsterdam: Boom.