My post-doc research project focuses on the use of Twitter by local councillors in the Netherlands.
In my dissertation I studied (1) whether there are differences in innovativeness among Dutch local governments, and (2) how we could explain these differences. I investigated four different innovations: an e-government innovation, a Youth and Family innovation, an e-democracy innovation, and a moral policy innovation.
Adoption of policy innovations, diffusion of policy innovations, local government, municipalities, decentralization, e-government/e-democracy, moral policy, social policy
Jans, W. (2015) Policy innovation in Dutch municipalities. Dissertation. Enschede, The Netherlands: University of Twente. doi:10.3990/1.9789036539876
To download my dissertation click here.
- Studying Public Policy Implementation in an Era of Governance, by Prof. dr. Peter May (Washington State University, Seattle), Prof. dr. Søren C. Winter (Danish National Center for Social Research, Copenhagen), dr. Peter Hupe (Erasmus University of Rotterdam) and Prof. dr. Harald Sætren (University of Bergen, Norway) (22-24 May 2013, University of Bergen, Norway, Department of Administration and Organization Theory).
- NIG Network Governance: Theories, Methods and Practices, by Prof. dr. Erik-Hans Klijn (Erasmus University of Rotterdam), dr. Joop Koppenjan (Erasmus University of Rotterdam), Prof. dr. Eva Sørensen (University of Roskilde) and Prof. dr. Jacob Torfing (University of Roskilde) (April 6-9 2013 Prague, Czech Republic).
- Advanced Programming in Stata, by dr. Fred Boehmke (University of Iowa) (August 6-17 2012, University of Essex).
Grants and Awards
- Tech4People post-doc grant. Minna van Gerven (BMS/PA), Franciska de Jong (EWI/HMI), Wouter Jans (BMS/PA). Faculteit Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences (BMS), University of Twente (UT) (2015-2016).
- W. Jans. Best Poster Award. Institute for Innovation and Governance Studies (IGS) PhD-day 2011 (University of Twente, Enschede).
School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University (ASU), Phoenix (AZ), United States (February-March 2014).
- 2014-2015. Social Problems. (MA EPA)
- 2013-2014. Research Proposal. (BA III EPA)
- 2012-2013. Management en organisatie van professionele organisaties (Management and organization of professional organizations). (BA II PA & BSK)
- 2011-2012. Management en organisatie van professionele organisaties (Management and organization of professional organizations). (BA II PA & BSK)
- 2010-2011. Organisatie, beleid en regels (Organization, policy, and rules). (BA II PA & BSK)