Assistant Professor (Tenured), European Economic Governance
► Financial Stability
► Macroeconomic policy
► Global financial market regulation
► Comparative financial market regulation
► International relations theory
+ 31 53 489 3259 / 3280
+ 31 53 489 2159
New and Recent Publications
- Shawn Donnelly (2015) Banking Union in Europe and Implications for Financial Stability. In: STUDIA DIPLOMATICA 2014 • LXVII-2. Pp. 21-34.
- Shawn Donnelly (2014) Power Politics and the Undersupply of Financial Stability in Europe in: Review of International Political Economy, Vol. 21, No. 4, 04 Jul 2014 Pages: 980-1005. Online available: DOI: 10.1080/09692290.2013.801021
- Shawn Donnelly (2013) ‘Power Politics and the Undersupply of Financial Stability in Europe’, Review of International Political Economy, June 2013.
- Shawn Donnelly (2012), ‘Institutional Change at the Top: From the Financial Stability Forum to the Financial Stability Board’, in Renate Mayntz, ed. Crisis and Control: Institutional Change in Financial Market Regulation. Frankfurt/M: Campus and University of Chicago Press, 263-77.
- Shawn Donnelly (2012), ‘Informal International Law Making: Global Financial Market Regulation’, in J. Pauwelyn, R.A. Wessel, J. Wouters, A. Berman, and S. Duquet (Eds.), Informal International Law Making: Case Studies. Oslo: TOAEP Publishing, 176-217.
Current Research Projects
- Financial Stability Board impact on national laws and institutions.
- Banking Union in the European Union (book).
- The Future of Social Europe (joint project).
- Social Banking and Banking Union in Europe. (part of joint project).
Upcoming and Recent Events
- Panel on the Future of Social Europe, European Consortium for Political Research, Standing Group on the European Union Conference, The Hague, 5-7 June 2014.
- Workshop on National vs. Supranational Bank Supervision, European Consortium for Political Research Joint Sessions, University of Salamanca, 10-15 April 2014.
- Panel on Banking and Economic Nationalism in Europe. American Political Science Association, Chicago, 29 August – 1 September 2013.
- Economic Nationalism and Social Purpose, Paper presentation at Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics Annual Meeting, Milan, 27-29 June 2013.