Assistant Professor (Tenured),
International Relations and European Studies
- Director, Financial Stability Research Group
Room: RA 4250
Telephone/ Fax: + 31 53 489 3259 / 3260
- Global and European Economic Governance / Political Economy
- Regulation of financial systems and companies
- Banking union and euro zone governance
- Politics versus expertise in regulation, governance and public policy
- Power politics in international relations, domestic sources of foreign policy
- Power Politics, Banking Union and EMU: Adjusting Europe to Germany (Routledge, 2018)
- The Regimes of European Integration (Oxford University Press, 2010)
- Reshaping Economic and Monetary Union (Manchester University Press, 2004)
- Europe, China and the United States and the future of World Order
- Financial Stability Board impact on national laws and institutions.
Banking Union in the European Union.
Capital Markets Union.
Engineering Global Cybersecurity.
Where are the weakest Links in Banking Union, Council for European Studies Conference, Glasgow, 12-14 July 2017.
ECPR General Conference, University of Hamburg, August 2018.
Netherlands Institute of Governance Conference, 1-2 November 2018.
EMU at 20: Workshop at the University of Leiden, 15-17 November 2018.
European Union Studies Association, 20-22 May, Denver, CO