Assistant Professor (Tenured),
International Relations and European Studies
- Member, Faculty Council, Faculty of Behavioral, Management and Social Sciences
- Director, Financial Stability Research Group
Room: RA 4250
Telephone/ Fax: + 31 53 489 3259 / 3280
- Financial systems engineering and financial stability
- International financial markets and regulation
- Banking union and euro zone governance
- Global economic governance
- International Relations & European integration
New and Recent Publications
- Richard Deeg and Shawn Donnelly (2016) ‘Banking Union and the Future of Alternative Banks: Revival, Stagnation or Decline?’, West European Politics 39, 3: 585-604.
- Shawn Donnelly (2016) ‘Expert Advice and Political Supply of Banking Union in Europe’, Journal of Banking Regulation 17: 104-118.
- Shawn Donnelly (2014) ‘The Undersupply of Financial Stability in the EU and its Consequences’, Studia Diplomatica LXVII(2): 21-34.
- Shawn Donnelly (2014) Power Politics and the Undersupply of Financial Stability in Europe in: Review of International Political Economy 21, 4: 980-1005.
Current Research Projects
- Financial Stability Board impact on national laws and institutions.
Banking Union in the European Union.
Capital Markets Union.
Engineering Global Cybersecurity.
Upcoming and Recent Events
ECB-Eurogroup Conflicts and Financial Stability in the Eurozone: Conference on the ECB, University of Duisburg-Essen, 5-6 April 2017.
Where are the weakest Links in Banking Union, Council for European Studies Conference, Glasgow, 12-14 July 2017.