Assistant Professor (Tenured)
Room: Cubicus C-335
Telephone/ Fax: + 31 53 489 3259 / 3260
- Global and European Economic Governance / Political Economy
- Comparative and International Public Governance
- Regulation of financial systems and companies
- Banking union and euro zone governance
- Politics versus expertise in regulation, governance and public policy
- Power politics in international relations, domestic sources of foreign policy
- Director, Financial Stability Research Group
- Author of:
- Power Politics, Banking Union and EMU: Adjusting Europe to Germany (Routledge, 2018)
- The Regimes of European Integration (Oxford University Press, 2010)
- Reshaping Economic and Monetary Union (Manchester University Press, 2004)
- Europe, China and the United States and the future of World Order
- Financial Stability Board impact on national laws and institutions.
Banking Union in the European Union.
Capital Markets Union.
Engineering Global Cybersecurity.
Where are the weakest Links in Banking Union, Council for European Studies Conference, Glasgow, 12-14 July 2017.
ECPR General Conference, University of Hamburg, August 2018.
Netherlands Institute of Governance Conference, 1-2 November 2018.
EMU at 20: Workshop at the University of Leiden, 15-17 November 2018.
European Union Studies Association, 20-22 May, Denver, CO
Module 1, MST: high tech economic strategy and cybersecurity
Module 4, MST: comparative public (regional and cross-border) governance
Module 7, MST: financial system resilience and high tech economic strategy
Module 8, MST: advanced weapons systems, deterrence and EU-US-Russia Relations; global trade relations
Module 5, IBA: high tech economic sectors and strategy, health and defence applications
Master ES: International Relations and Global Governance
Master ES: Regulatory Design and Implementation Beyond the Nation State: environment, defence, ITC, social affairs
Master HS: Strategy and Tactics in Public Health Regulation (implants, medical devices, pharma, cancer treatment