PROF.DR.IR. P.C. (PETRA) DE WEERD-NEDERHOF
>> Go to list of publications directly or for most recent publications, see below.
Personal webpage/blog: https://petradwn.wordpress.com
Prof. dr ir. Petra C. de Weerd-Nederhof holds the chair of Organization Studies and Innovation and combines this with the function of Department Head of NIKOS (department of Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Innovation, International Management and Marketing). She is also programme director of the BSc and MSc programmes of (International) Business Administration. Her current research and teaching is focused on organizational aspects of innovation management. She is the academic advisor for UT’s Twente Graduate School, where she leads the master excellence track Research Honours which prepares master students for a research career (PhD) and is linked with the TGS Award Bridging Fund.
Next to her positions at the University of Twente, De Weerd-Nederhof is board member of the EIASM (http://www.eiasm.org) Innovation and Product Development Management Conference, past editor-in-chief of the academic journal Creativity and Innovation Management http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-8691, and member of the editorial Board of the new academic double blind-review research journal, CERN IdeaSquare Journal of Experimental Innovation (see more at https://e-publishing.cern.ch/index.php/CIJ/index). In the Netherlands, she is member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Royal Netherlands Defense Academy and of the supervisory board (commissaris) of Woningcorporatie De Woonplaats. She is invited Key Note speaker at the Symposium on Learning and Innovation in Resilient Systems, 23-24 March 2017, Heerlen, The Netherlands.
Specialties: Creativity and Innovation Management, Organizing Collaborative Innovation,, Graduate and Doctoral Education
- Academic Director and acting Dean, member of the project committee establishing Twente Graduate School, 2009-2015.
- Editor-in-chief (together with Klaasjan Visscher and Olaf Fisscher) for Creativity and Innovation Management (2003-2015).
- Associate Professor New Product Development Management (1 Feb 2001 - 15 March 2009), Faculty of Business, Public Administration & Technology, University of Twente
- Project Leader PKM at UT (Positioning & Quality Improvement of UT Master Programmes), 1 January 2011 - 31 December 2012)
- Programme Director BSc and MSc Bedrijfskunde/Business Administration (1 September 2006 – 1 January 2011). Initiated & established in 2009/2010 the successful English-taught BSc International Business Administration and the MSc double diploma with TUBerlin Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- Track coordinator Innovation & Entrepreneurship in MSc Business Administration (1 September 2003 – December 2011)
- Also: Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Technology and Management, 1 Sept 1990-1 Feb. 2011; Member of the Exam Committee of Industrial Engineering and Management; Member of the Exam Committee of the Professional Course ‘Innovation Consultant’; Lecturer and Thesis Supervisor for SWOT and TSM Business School; Board Member Alumni Association Bekader; Board Member KIVI Niria Oost Nederland (2014); member of the Partner Council of the Dutch National Think Tank (2014), member of the Brandweeronderwijsraad (2011-2013).
- 2016-2019 PhD research Igors Skute on Factors Enabling Early Detection of University Industry Collaboration (with Kasia Zalewska and Isabella Hatak)
- 2012-2016 PhD Research Michiel Wolbers on Decision Making in Innovation Processes (together with Dr.ir. Erwin Hofman and Prof. dr.ir. Joop Halman)
- 2010-2016: PhD research Annelies Geerts on Innovation Strategies and Ambidexterity (together with Prof.Dr. Bart Van Looy and Dr.ir. Klaasjan Visscher)
- 2008-2013: PhD research Matthias de Visser “Individual, team, and organizational antecedents of explorative and exploitative innovation in manufacturing firms” as part of the Regional Network for research on Competences of Innovation (together with Prof. Dr. Dries Faems and Dr. ir. Klaasjan Visscher)
- 2006-2010: PhD research Annemien Pullen “Internal and external Networking in New Product Development in the Medical Devices Sector” (together with Prof.dr. Aard Groen Prof.dr.ir. Olaf Fisscher)
- 2000-2004: PhD research Liqin Ren “ Management of Technical Innovation in Chinese State-Owned Enterprises, thesis University of Twente, 2004 (with Prof. Koos Krabbendam).
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Board member, EIASM Innovation & Product Development Conference (IPDMC) since 2008, the Conference was hosted successfully in Twente in 2009.
- Reviewer for R&D Management, the International Journal of Innovation Management, Journal for Technology Management in China, Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- Assessment committee member NWO (MaGW, Open Competitie & VENI).
- Member & First President (2011-2012), European Institute of Technology & Innovation Management (http://www.eitim.org )
- Defendant/Opponent/assessment committee member for the PhD Defense of Karen Fehse (UT), Erwin Hofman (UT), Petra Hoffmann (UT), Andre Veenendaal (UT), Jennie Bjork (Chalmers University), Natalya Kitaygorodskaya (University of Vaasa), Remco Rosmulder (UT), Irma Borst (Erasmus University, Rotterdam School of Management), Hans Lekkerkerk (Radboud University Nijmegen), Thomas Tandrup, (DTU Copenhagen), Vesna Vlaisavljevic (Pablo Olavide University, Seville), Andre Veenendaal, Raja Singaram, Janina Banis and Arjan Frederiks (all UT)
de Visser, M., Faems, D., Visscher, K. and de Weerd-Nederhof, P. (2014), The Impact of Team Cognitive Styles on Performance of Radical and Incremental NPD Projects. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 31: 1167–1180. doi: 10.1111/jpim.12247
Pullen, A.J.J., P.C. de Weerd-Nederhof, A.J. Groen, O.A.M. Fisscher (2012). Open Innovation in Practice: Goal Complementarity and Closed NPD Networks to explain differences in Innovation Performance for SMEs in the Medical Devises Sector. In Journal of Product and Innovation Management, 29 (6)