M.J. Roersen MSc. (Mariska)
International account manager
Researcher international business
Building 10 Ravelijn
T: +31 (0)53 489 2352
F: +31 (0)53 489 3919
Mariska Roersen has studied HEBO at the higher institute of the Hague and followed the Master “Innovative Entrepreneurship & Business Development” at Twente University. Her master thesis investigated the possibilities of several Russian high-tech spin-offs to internationalize. After doing voluntary work as an English teacher in Tanzania, she has returned to NIKOS. She establishes and manages relations with foreign universities and business incubators, develops international projects, supervises international management and marketing assignments, and assists in marketing lectures.
Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2009, ‘Testing the content validity of the Narver & Slater Market Orientation Scale in Russia’, August 2009. (Selected into best paper proceedings)
High Tech Small Firms Conference, ‘A multidimensional decision-making model for internationalization of high-tech SMEs in transition economies.’ May 2008.
- Market orientation
- Alliances and innovation
- Minor International Business
- 2008 NIKOS: Research on market orientation in Russian high-tech firms, on a partner selection model and on knowledge circulation between SMEs and University of Twente.
- 2008 Mkombozi Secondary School: Voluntary work as English teacher in Hedaru, Tanzania
- 2007 Master research in Moscow and at the Dutch Institute for Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship (NIKOS) in Enschede on possibilities for internationalization of spin-offs from the Moscow Engineer-Physics Instute (MEPhI) and entrepreneurial support.
- 2005-2008 Twente University: Master Business Administration: Innovative Entrepreneurship & Business Development
- 2002-2005Higher Institute for European Studies (HEBO) in The Hague: International management. Specialization in communication management and subjects as Russian, Spanish, Business, Marketing, Events Organisation, etc.
- 2005 Three-month internship in Pskov, Russia: Established contacts between Dutch Chambers of Commerce and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Pskov region. Advised transport sector on obstacles in transports from the Netherlands to Russia.
- 2003 Five-month exchange in Moscow, Russia: Studied at Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics. Followed a.o. Russian, Doing business in Russia, Marketing communication and Current Events in Russia.