Meet and Greet: Q+A with Journal/Book Editors
This session will bring together both journal editors and book series editors with the aim of addressing questions and concerns pertinent to those seeking to publish their work. While researchers and scholars at all levels are welcome, special attention will be devoted to those seeking to gain entry into what may sometimes appear to be an amorphous field. Questions to be pursued include: How can I gain a sense of the publishing opportunities and venues available in the field of narrative inquiry? How do I decide where to publish my work -- whether for journals or for books? How does the editorial process actually work? How do I tailor my work toward particular journals or book series or publishers? What is the role of editors, and how do I approach them? How can I work with them in order to get my work published? And when I do submit my work and receive feedback -- for instance, to revise and resubmit an article -- how do I go about doing so? These questions, and many others, will be addressed at this session, so if you're at all interested, please do avail yourselves of it!
- Amia Lieblich and Ruthellen Josselson (Narrative Study of Lives series, Qualitative Inquiry)
- Bill Randall (Narrative Works)
- Mark Freeman (Explorations in Narrative Psychology Series OUP)
- Michael Bamberg (Narrative Inquiry)
- Brett Smith (various journals, including Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health (QRSEH)).