University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences
Department Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Room: RA 3402 (Ravelijn)
Tel: (+31 53 489) 2881
Gréanne Leeftink is a PhD candidate within the department Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems, in the CHOIR research center at the University of Twente (Enschede). In addition, she works at the University Medical Center Utrecht (UMCU). She holds a master’s degree in Industrial Engineering & Management (2014). As part of her PhD program, she visited Rochester’s Mayo Clinic (USA) for a 3 month research visit. The focus of her research is the optimization of the shared resources involved in oncology related health care processes. On December 15th 2017 she will defend her thesis Why wait? Organizing integrated processes in cancer care.
- Rapid diagnostics
- Multidisciplinary care
- Process optimization
- Capacity planning
- A.G. Leeftink and E.W. Hans. (2017). Case mix classification and a benchmark set for surgery scheduling. Journal of Scheduling, In Press.
- A.G. Leeftink, I.M.H. Vliegen, and E.W. Hans. (2017). Stochastic integer programming for multi-disciplinary clinic planning. Health Care Management Science, In Press.
- E. Visser, P.S.N. van Rossum, A.G. Leeftink, S. Siesling, R. van Hillegersberg, and J.P. Ruurda. (2017). Impact of diagnosis-to-treatment waiting time on survival in esophageal cancer patients – A population-based study in The Netherlands. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, 43(2):461-470.
- E. Visser, A.G. Leeftink, P.S.N. van Rossum, S. Siesling, R. van Hillegersberg, and J.P. Ruurda. (2016). Waiting time from diagnosis to treatment has no impact on survival in patients with esophageal cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 23(8):2679-2689
- A.G. Leeftink, R.J. Boucherie, E.W. Hans, M.A.M. Verdaasdonk, I.M.H. Vliegen, and P.J. van Diest. (2016). Batch scheduling in the histopathology laboratory. Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, In Press.
- Leeftink A. G., Boucherie R. J., Hans E. W., Verdaasdonk M. A. M., Vliegen I. M. H., and van Diest P. J. (2016). Predicting turnaround time reductions of the diagnostic track in the histopathology laboratory using mathematical modelling. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 69(9):793-800.
- Leeftink A.G. (2014). From rapid diagnostics to a rapid diagnosis. Improvement of the histopathology laboratory operations. MSc thesis, University of Twente.
- VIVA400 Brilliant Minds nomination (2017).
- Trainee, INFORMS Future Academician Colloquium (2016).
- Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds travel grant for 3 month research visit to Mayo Clinic (USA) (2016).
- 1st prize (poster prize) at CTIT symposium (2015).
- NWO Talent grant for research proposal “Rapid diagnostics for cancer? Yes, we can!” Individual grant for a 3-year PhD project (2014).
- Finalist TGS Award (2014).