University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural Management and Social Sciences
Dep. Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Room: Ravelijn RA3426
Tel: +31 651065655
In 1999 Erwin received his MSc in Technical Business Administration (Industrial Engineering) at the University of Twente, based on a master thesis assignment on requirements engineering at Baan Development. From 1999 until 2001 Erwin was innovator at KPN Research involved in amongst other the order entry and billing systems of ADSL services. In 2001 Erwin joined TNO, and became senior scientist on the topic of interoperability and standards. From 2009 he part-time joined the University of Twente to start a PhD research on the standardization topic, while continuing his work for TNO. In 2012 received his PhD based on the “Quality of Semantic Standards” thesis. In 2013-2014 Erwin was visiting researcher at ERCIS/University of Munster. From 2015 onwards Erwin joined Kadaster.
- Semantic Standards and Interoperabilty
- Semantic Web and Linked Data
Several courses on: Interoperability, Standards, Data, Geospatial, Linked Data
Link to publications.
- Erwin Folmer is leading the Platform Linked Data Netherlands the largest community related to Linked Data. In this open platform both public and industry organizations jointly address challenges related to Linked (Open) Data. The platform is founded by Geonovum, TNO, SLO, Forum Standaardisatie, Ordina, Ministerie I&M, Kadaster, Belastingdienst, DANS, DEN, Ministerie BZK en Rijkswaterstaat.
- Member of the EURAS community
- Senior Advisor at the Dutch Kadaster (www.kadaster.nl)
- Leading the Platform Linked Data Netherlands (www.platformlinkeddata.nl)
- Chairman of the SMeF steering board (www.smef-standaard.nl)
- Member of several program committees (e.g. Data, IWEI, Semantics, SIIT, EURAS, etc.)