Siraj Zubair is a part-time lecturer of finance and accounting at the department of finance and accounting at the University of Twente. He is also acting as a lecturer of finance and accounting at the Nijmegen School of Management at the Radboud University, the Netherlands. He finished his PhD in financial management at the University of Twente in 2015. His doctoral research focused on the effect of the financial crisis on the investments and alternative financing sources of SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) in the Netherlands. He received M.Sc degree in Business Administration with specialization in financial management (University of Twente) in 2010 and BBA degree in Marketing from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh in 2008 where he was listed in the Dean’s Merit list.
His research interest lies on the area of financial management of small and medium sized enterprises, corporate finance, firms’ dynamics in financial distress, corporate disclosure, corporate governance and capital market research.
He teaches Corporate finance (M.SC), Accounting and Financial Management (M.SC), Accounting and Governance (M.SC), International Financial Management (B.SC), Financial reporting and analysis (B.SC), Accounting (B.SC), Project multinational finance (B.SC) and Academic skills (B.SC) courses. He is also involved in supervising bachelor and master students for their thesis.
- Zubair, S., Kabir, R. and Huang, X. 2015. The Impact of Financing on the Investments of SMEs during the Recent Financial Crisis.
- Zubair, S. and Kabir, R. 2015. Trade credit as an alternative to bank finance during the financial crisis: Evidence from the Dutch SMEs.
- Zubair, S. and Kabir, R. 2015. Impact of cash flow and bank credit on cash holdings of SMEs during the financial crisis.
- Does going green pay off?
- Financial crisis and SME growth.
- Macroeconomics conditions and capital structure: Evidence from the financial crisis
- Trainee Investor Relations, Royal Philips Electronics (May, 2009 – December, 2010).
- President, Erasmus Student Network Twente, (September, 2011 – September, 2012).
- Executive member of the supervisory board, Erasmus Student Network Twente, (September, 2012-September, 2013).
- Chairman, Amnesty International Student Group, Enschede (October, 2012- September, 2015).
- Treasurer and organizer, Amnesty International Student Group, Enschede (June, 2011 – August, 2012).
- Participated in the ‘Leaders for Economic Change Program, 2012’ in the Netherlands, selected through a nationwide competition.