Xiaohong Huang was born in Jingzhou, China. She obtained her B.A. degree from Xi’an Jiaotong University (Xi’an, China) in 1999 with a major in English for Science and Technology. In 2000 she came to the Netherlands and joined the first class of the International Business Administration (IBA) program at Erasmus University. In 2003 she received her B.S. degree in IBA, and went on for a Master study in Finance at the same university. In 2005 after she successfully finished the exchange program to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania she received her M.S. degree in Finance & Investment with appellation cum laude. In 2010 she obtained her PhD in Finance under the supervision of Prof. Ronald Mahieu and Prof. Marno Verbeek from Erasmus University. In the same year she joined the Department of Finance and Accounting at the University of Twente as an assistant professor of Finance.
Investment performance evaluation, pension plan, corporate finance, emerging markets
- Finance (IBA bachelor course)
- Risk management (BA master course)
- Accounting and financial management (BA master course)
- Master class in financial management (BA master course)
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses in various topics in corporate finance and risk management
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Huang, X., Kabir, R. & Zhang, L. (2014). Government Ownership and the Capital Structure of firms: Empirical Analysis of an Institutional Context from China. Paper in progress.
- Huang, X. & Shi, Q. (2013). Explaining performance of Chinese equity funds. Paper in progress.
- Huang, X. & Mahieu, R. (2013). Dynamics of Funding Ratios in Pension Fund Management. Working paper.
- Huang, X. & Mahieu, R. (2012). Performance Persistence of Dutch Pension Funds. de Economist 160(1), 17-34.
- Huang, X. (2010). An Analysis of Occupational Pension Provision: from Evaluation to Redesign. PhD dissertation, Erasmus University Rotterdam (Rotterdam: Erasmus Research Institute of Management). Prom./coprom.: Prof.dr. M.J.C.M. Verbeek & Prof.dr. R.J. Mahieu.
- Huang, X. & Mahieu, R. (2010). Generational Pension Plan Designs. Netspar Discussion Paper Series 10/2010-071.
- Huang, X. & Mahieu, R. (2010). Guaranteeing Generational Pension Plan Benefits. Netspar Discussion Paper Series 01/2010-37.
A full list of publications is available through this link.
- Fund performance in emerging markets: Evidence from China, 21st Pacific-Basin finance, economics, accounting and management conference, Melbourne, Australia, July 4-5, 2013; Also presented at 21st Annual Global Finance Conference in Dubai, UAE, March 31-April 2, 2014
- Guaranteeing Generational Pension Plan Benefits. Research conference on Risk sharing in DC pension schemes: University of Exeter, UK (2010). Covered in the IPE news of 11 January 2010.
- Generational Pension Plan Design. European Financial Management Annual Meetings Milan 2009.
- Performance Persistence of Dutch pension funds. NETSPAR Pension Day 2008 and European Financial Management Annual Meetings Athens 2008.
- Pension Fund Investment Management: An Analysis of the Funding Ratio. NETSPAR Pension Day 2007.
- Discussants at various academic conferences
- Referee for Journal of Research in International Business and Finance, Journal of Pension Economics and Finance
- Book reviewer on Chinese Public Pension System, 2012
- Academic supervisor in ALM studies for “Pension Challenge” project, Erasmus University; 2008
- Member of organizing committee for PREBEM (PhD Researchers in Business Economics and Management in the Netherlands) conference, 2008 (Amersfoort)