Higher Education and Research Act (WHW) art. 7.13 par. 2k
EER BSc art. 4.7
1)The period of validity of a completed exam is unlimited. A period of validity can only be restricted if the knowledge, insight, or skills of the student, as well as the assessment of the results of that investigation is demonstrable out of date.
2) The validity of results of module components are defined in the programme specific appendices. The examination board will determine a transitional arrangement for a module in case of a major change in the design of the module and its components.
EER MSc art. 4.8
1) The validity of a result of a Unit of Study has no limitation. In case the examined knowledge, understanding or skills are demonstrable out of date, the programme board can set restrictions on the period of validity of the said unit of study.
2) Test results are only valid in the academic year in which they were obtained. At the request of the student, the examination board can extend this period in individual cases.
3) Exceptions on paragraph 1 and 2 are specified in the programme specific appendix.
For the validity of module components or tests see the Programme Specific Appendix of your programme. If applicable the examination board can extend the validity of module components or tests on individual basis.
A request for extended validity should be submitted at least ten weeks before the start of the module/course for which the extended validity is requested.
When you submit a request to the examination board add the following information:
- Extensive motivation
- Detailed Study progress overview (Osiris incl. test-results)
- Information on the test or exam (name module/course and if applicable specific test, module/course code, date of the test result, if applicable on what date the next exam is planned)
- Module guideline, including testplan
- Regulations stated in the Programme Specific Appendix
- For MS: If applicable in case of personal circumstances a statement of your study advisor
- If applicable in case of a board year a letter of appointment, period of board membership, FOBOS letter
- If applicable specific regulations of the programme (fail-pass-regulation)