EER BSc art. 5.5 – EER MSc art. 5.5
Information about graduating with distinction can be found in the relevant programme-specific appendix.
The conditions for graduating with distinction (Cum Laude) have been determined for every programme seperately. They can be found in the programme specific appendices of the EER. There are specific rules for Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes. The examination board checks if the student meets all the conditions the educational programme states. If Cum Laude can be granted this will be stated on the certificate and the supplement.
If a student does not fulfill all the specific conditions, but nevertheless thinks that he/she qualifies for Cum Laude, the student or the programme director can submit a request to the examination board. The specific and exceptional abilities and circumstances of the student’s achievement must be motivated in the request. Moreover the request should contain:
- a motivation letter explaining the reason why you think you should have a cum laude notwithstanding de regulations
- a detailed study progress overview (pdf-file from Osiris)
- for the examination board of Management Sciences:
- a support letter from the study advisor (in case of personal circumstances) and/or
- a support letter from the first examiner expressing the exceptional abilities and circumstances of the student's achievement,
- and/or if you did a board year/period: the appointment letter of Fobos, the appointment letter of the student association (including the appointment period) and the proof of the financial compensation.