Higher Education and Research Act (WHW) art. 7.13 par. 2l,n
EER BSc art. 4.4. Module description & Assessment scheme
8) The examination board can in specific individual cases affect special arrangements regarding assessment.
EER BSc art. 4.5
1) Oral exams or tests will be public unless decided otherwise by the examination board in exceptional cases. a) If the student or the examiner actually wishes a third party to be present during the oral exam or test, then a request to this end must be submitted to the programme board at least fifteen working days prior to the exam or test. The decision of the programme board should be made known at least five working days before the oral exam or test. The programme board should inform the examination board as soon as possible of this decision. Graduation symposia, presentations and group testing) are excluded from this provision.
b) If the examination board has decided that members of the examination board or an observer on behalf of the examination board is to be present during the administration of an oral examination, then the examination board is to make this known to the examiner and the student at least two working days prior to the oral exam or test.
EER MSc art. 4.5
4) In exceptional individual cases, the examination board may deviate from the number of times and the manner in which exams or tests can be taken.
EER MSc art. 4.6
Oral tests or exams will be conducted in public, unless the examination board has determined otherwise in a particular case
a) If the student or examiner actually wishes third parties to be present during an oral exam or test, a request should be submitted at least 15 working days prior to the oral exam or test at the programme board. The decision on this request should be made known ultimately 5 working days before the oral exam or test to the student and examiner. The programme board needs to inform the examination board of this decision at the next meeting of the examination board. Graduation symposia, presentations and group testing are excluded from this provision.
b) If the examination board has decided that members of the examination board or an observer on behalf of the examination board is to be present during the administration of an oral exam or test, then the examination board is to make this known to the examiner and the student at least one day prior to the oral exam or test.
Rules and requirements
When you want to change the format for a specific exam or test you can submit a motivated request to the examination board explaining the reason for your request.
Please note: Pending the decision, the student must take part in the regular scheduled exam.
These are the conditions for making this request:
- The request should, on forehand, be discussed with the examiner of the course. He/she needs to confirm that in this specific case the change of the nature of the test or exam is necessary and possible.
- If this request is made because of your personal circumstances, the study advisor must be informed about these circumstances.
The following should be included in your request:
- motivation letter
- the name of the test or exam (complete name of the module/course and/or -component incl. course code)
- the planned date of the test or exam.
- a complete and detailed study progress overview (SVO/SPO) from Osiris
- confirmation of the examiner
- For examination board MS: a written confirmation of the study advisor needs to be included
When an examiner wishes to change the format of an oral exam or test this means that this will apply to all the students involved in the module or course. The examiner needs to discuss this change, prior to the exam or test, with the programme board. Students are to be informed immediately after the change.
An examiner cannot make a request for a student in a specific case. The student needs to make this request himself.