This regulation is a derivative of the Instruction on Order, Calamities and Fraud the executive board of the UT handed to the examination boards. The examination board BMS adjusted this instruction for the Faculty BMS. Below you can download the regulation and take it with you to the exams you have to supervise. Please note that the regulations regarding order have changed for 2019-2020.
It is important that the examiner is present at least 15 minutes before the exam. The invigilator from Randstad will be present at that time also. You are in charge during the exam.
Students may enter the room 15 minutes prior to the start of the examination, and will be admitted until 30 minutes after the start.Students may not leave during the first 30 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the official period of examination.
- Students who did not enrol may only take part if there are enough seats and test copies available. Enrolled students have precedence. To make sure enough copies/seats for enrolled students are available the examiner/invigilator may ask unenrolled students to wait for 30 minutes after the start before they receive an exam/seat.
- The student ID card should be placed visibly on the table throughout the exam and presented to the examiner/invigilator upon a request for identification.
- Restroom visits are not permitted during the first 60 minutes and last 30 minutes of the examination. Outside of this timeframe, restroom visits can only take place after consultation with the examiner/invigilator. Only one person at a time can be allowed to visit the restroom. Where necessary and feasible, an examiner/invigilator will accompany the student to the restroom.
- Before the start of the examination students should place bags and/or coats in the designated area. Whenever possible, unapproved resources (e.g., mobile phones, smart watches, wearables, notes) must be placed in the bags and switched off.
- During the examination students may only have access to resources (e.g., books, notes, devices, websites, hard/software) that are explicitly approved by the examiner. Possessing or accessing unapproved resources is considered attempted fraud.
- During the examination students are not allowed to communicate (e.g., verbal, non-verbal, digital) with others aside from the examiner/invigilator. Any violation of this will be considered attempted fraud.
- During the examination students are not allowed to copy, share and/or spread the exam questions, answers or related information in any form. The examiner/invigilator has the right to check this. Any violation of this will be considered attempted fraud.
- In case of attempted fraud (e.g., point 7 - 9) the student may finish the exam and the Examination Board will be informed after.
- The examination officially starts and ends at the instigation of the examiner/invigilator. When the end is announced, all students should stop writing. Students should follow the procedure for handing in their results as announced by the examiner/invigilator.
- All examination papers (e.g., questions, answer sheets and scrap paper) must be provided with student name and number and handed in by the students at the end of the examination. The examiner can make an explicit exception to this rule.
 In general start time and end time refer to the official start time and end time of the examination as listed on the cover sheet. All rules apply to both electronic as well as non-electronic exams.
 Failing that, a certified ID is also allowed. This applies to students who forgot their student card or (in rare cases) do not yet have one. A certified ID is a passport, driver’s license, or any other official proof of identity that bears both the student’s name and a photograph.
 Accompanying students to the bathroom may not be necessary, as in Therm where restrooms are not accessible from anywhere but the examination room, and it may not be feasible, as in cases where there is only a single examiner/invigilator.
If a calamity occurs, the exam and all other papers should stay on the table in the room and the students must leave the room following the instructions. The exam will not be finished afterwards but will be taken away.