If you have been nominated by your home university, you will automatically receive information about the application procedure by e-mail. To apply, please click here.
Exchange students are required to prove they have sufficient command of the English language by providing one of the following original documents:
- Academic IELTS, minimum overall band score of 6.0,
- TOEFL, internet based (TOEFL-iBT); minimum score of 80,
- TOEIC with a minimum overall score of at least 790 (containing both the modules ‘Speaking and Writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’)
- Cambridge CPE or CAE (A, B or C)
Note: your test results may not be over two years old at the start of your exchange period.
You are exempt from providing proof of English proficiency if:
- you are a national from Australia, Canada (English-speaking territories), Denmark, Finland, Ireland, New-Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, UK or USA
- or if your programme at the UT consists exclusively of laboratory research that is graded by your home institution only.
- Application deadline: 1 May
- English test results (if applicable): 15 June
- Visa application including payment (if applicable): 1 July
- Application deadline: 1 October
- English test results (if applicable): 1 November
- Visa application (if applicable): 15 November