Building number 10
Room: Ravelijn 1135
Telephone: + 31 53 489 5772
Fax: + 31 53 489 2159
Maarten J. Arentsen is professor (associate) energy innovation at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. Since the early 1990s he researches socio-technical change and innovation in gas and electricity markets, in particular market liberalisation and implications, the emergence and development of renewable energy and impact on the organisation and functioning of energy markets and more recently, the emergence and development of the biobased economy. He has published numerous articles, papers and book chapters and co-edited several books on the topics. He teaches (under) graduate students in social and engineering sciences on energy markets and innovation. He is member for two international academic networks on innovation and change in energy supply and member of the editorial board of four energy journals. Between 1995 and 2004 he participated as vice-director, in the management of CSTM, the sustainable development research institute of the University of Twente.
- (Green) energy innovation and policies
- Technology and innovation (policies)
- Biobased economy
- Bio-based economy and bioenergy
- Sustainable development in energy supply
Publications and selected presentations:
- Maarten J. Arentsen, (2009), Contested Technology: Nuclear Power in the Netherlands, in Lutz Mez, Mycle Schneider & Steve Thomas, International Perspectives on Energy Policy and the Role of Nuclear Power, Multi-Science Publishing Co. Ltd, Essex, UK
- Arentsen, M.J., W. v. Rossum, et al. (eds) (2010) Governance of Innovation. Firms, Clusters and Institutions in a Changing Setting. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Arentsen, M.J. (2011). Trends in gas. International Handbook of Network Industries. The Liberalization of Infrastructures. M. Finger and R. W. Künneke. Cheltenham UK, Edward Elgar: 179-197. ISBN 9781847206428
- Evren Özcan, Maarten Arentsen, (2014), Nonconformity of policy ambitions with biomass potentials in regional bioenergy transition: A Dutch example, Energy Policy, 65 212–222.
- Maarten Arentsen, Sandra Bellekom (2014) Power to the people: local energy initiatives as seedbeds of innovation? Energy, Sustainability and Society 2014, 4:2.
- Sandra Bellekom, Maarten Arentsen and Kirsten van Gorkum, (2016), Prosumption and the distribution and supply of electricity, Energy, Sustainability and Society, pp 6-22.
More publications can be found HERE