Telephone secretary CSTM: + 31 53 489 4377
Julia R. Kotzebue holds PhD degree in Innovation and Governance for Sustainable Development from the CSTM, University of Twente and a Master of Arts degree in International Relations and International Organisations from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. Julia works as research associate at CSTM since 2007.
Her Ph.D. project “Spatial Misfits in Multilevel Governance Policy Implementation Processes: Impacts on a Small Island State” investigates the implementation the spatial impact Malta’s transport, integrated costal zone management and renewable energy policies.
Julia has published in several academic journals, and was engaged in European projects, founded by the EU Commission, like Gfors (Governance for Sustainability) and SAUCE (Schools at University for Climate and Energy). Julia was co-founder and lecturer of the Children University at the University of Twente. She cooperated with colleagues from Universities and Research Institutes of Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Great Britain, Denmark and Latvia.
- Small Island states
- Environmental place management
- Environmental policy implementation
- Integrated costal zone management
- European renewable energy policy
- European environmental law
- Environmental ethics
- International relations
- Kotzebue, J.R., & Arentsen, M. J. (2010). Maak klimaat concreet in de klas Pulse Primair Onderwijs(2), 16-17.
- Kotzebue, J. R., Bressers, H. T. A., & Yousif, C. (2010). Spatial misfits in a multi-level renewable energy policy implementation process on the Small Island State of Malta. Energy Policy, 38(10), 5967-5976.
- Kotzebue, J.R., & Bressers, H. T. A. (2010). Biodiversity and aquaculture policy in the European Union: Spatial misfits in Malta’s multilevel policy implementation process. International Journal of Environmental Consumerism, 6 (11&12), 17-29.
- Coenen, F., Denters, B., Klok, P.-J., & Kotzebue, J. (2008). G-fors Dutch national report. Strategic Environmental Assessment Particulate matter. Retrieved 30-08-2011, from University Twente.
- Kotzebue, J. R. (2005). Sustainable development policy: The case of Malta. Groningen University, Groningen.
- Kotzebue, J.R., & Bressers, H. T. A. (2010). Apiculture Policies Implementation in a Multi-level Governance System: Spatial Misfits on the Small Island State Malta Poster presented at the ISEE Conference: Advancing Sustainability in a Time of Crisis, Oldenburg-Bremen, Germany, August 22-25, 2010.
- Kotzebue, J.R., & Bressers, H. T. A. (2008). Physical-spatial Misfits in Multilevel Governance on a Small Island State Paper presented at the Netherlands Institute of Government (NIG) Annual Work Conference, Enschede, The Netherlands, November 20-21, 2008.