Building number 10 Ravelijn
Room: RA 1129
Telephone: + 31 53 489 6593
- Gender and energy research
- Energy mainstreaming in energy policy
- Analysis of energy policy implementation processes
- Energy and development research
- Mohlakoana, N. (2014). “Implementing the South African Basic Alternative Energy policy: A Dynamic Actor Interaction”. University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- Clancy, J.S. and Mohlakoana, N. and Matinga, M.N. (2013). “Energy poverty: have we got the measure of it?” In: UKDSA Annual meeting, University of Birmingham, 16 November 2013, Birmingham.
- Mohlakoana, N., Reddy, Y and Wolpe, P. (2010). Power to the people can change lives. In: Cape Times newspaper, 24 August 2010, pp 9.
- Dugard, J. and Mohlakoana, N. (2009). More work for women: A rights-based analysis of women’s access to basic services in South Africa. In: South African Journal on Human Rights, 25 (3), pp. 546-572. Johannesburg: Centre for Applied Legal Studies, University of the Witwatersrand.
- Mohlakoana, N. and Annecke, W. (2009). Use of Liquified Petroleum Gas by South African Low-income Urban Households: A Case Study. In: Journal of Energy in Southern Africa, 20 (4), November 2009.
- Mncwango, M. B., Struwig, J., Mohlakoana, N and Kivilu, J. M. (2008). A Socio-economic impact study of electrification process. Commissioned to the HSRC by the Department of Minerals and Energy, September 2008.
- Mohlakoana, N and Annecke, W. (2008). Finally Breaking the Barriers: SA case study on LPG use by low-income urban households. Paper presented at the Clean Cooking Fuels workshop as part of the conference hosted by the International Association of Energy Economics in Istanbul, Turkey, 16-17 June 2008.
- Mazibuko, S., Hart, T., Mogale, M., Mohlakoana, N. and Aliber, M. (2008). Baseline information on technology-oriented initiatives in rural areas to promote economic development. Report submitted to the Department of Science and Technology, February.
- Seager, J. & Mohlakoana, N. (2007). Horizon scanning in South Africa: the potential impacts of climate change on poor households. Cape Town: HSRC. Commissioned by the Presidency, September.
- Annecke, W., Mohlakoana, N. and Dobbins, A. (2007). From Electricity to LPG and back again: Power Cuts, LPG Supply and the Poor in Khayelitsha 2006/2007. Study funded by the South African National Energy Research Institute (SANERI).
- Mohlakoana et al. (2006). Audit of Women in the Energy Sector: Ten Years On. Report written for the Department of Science and Technology.
- Cowan, B, Mohlakoana, N & Lloyd P. Improving access to electricity: lessons from Khayelitsha. Paper presented at the DUE conference, March 2005.
- Mohlakoana, N. (2004). Rural electrification through Solar Home Systems in the Eastern Cape: Affordability and policy implications. Paper presented at UIE International Conference, Durban, 18-23 January 2004. An edited version of the paper is also published in: Energy in Africa magazine, second issue, February 2004-April 2004.
- Mohlakoana N. (2003). Needs-based Impact Assessment of Non-grid Rural Electrification: A Case of Eastern Cape. MPhil dissertation. University of Cape Town.
- Mohlakoana, N. (2003). Off-grid electrification and policy implications. Paper presented at the Technology Transfer Workshop, Durban, 6-8 August 2003.
- Afrane-Okese, Y & Mohlakoana, N. (2001). Operational challenges of large scale off-grid PV rural electrification programme in SA. Paper presented at the International Solar Energy Society 2001 Solar World Congress.
- Thom, C. & Mohlakoana, N. (2000). The use and impact of electricity in Garagopola-Legabeng. EDRC, University of Cape Town.
- Mohlakoana, N. & Cowan, B. 1999. Is there a quick fix? Seed update, 1 (2).
- Cowan, B, Banks, D, Mohlakoana, N & Tyani, L. (1999). A preliminary investigation of energy needs, energy supply initiatives and opportunities of improvements in the Maluti and Mount Fletcher districts of eastern Cape. EDRC, UCT.