External PhD candidate
Telephone: +31 (0)6- 39493200; +31 (0)53 – 489 3299 (secretary)
- Intercultural communication
- Cultural branding
- Developing and localizing brand stories, communication, product information and value propositions that are recognizable and relevant for the (international) target group.
- Creating meaningful connections with Chinese and Dutch consumers.
- Qualitative consumer- and communication research
- Intercultural research
In 2007 I started my career in the international marketing and communication in Beijing. I have developed myself into an (intercultural) communication strategist and consumer insights specialist. I help brands and organizations with the development of competing and meaningful connections with (international) consumers. I specialize in the identification and translation of underlying values, interpretations, perceptions and needs in daily life to brand strategy, brand stories, communication concepts and value propositions that are recognizable and relevant for the target group. In intercultural contexts I identity not only how communication including images are interpreted or how products or services are used in daily life, also why this is the case. Together with organizations I will look for the best way to localize brand stories, communication concepts and product information.
The modern cultural identity of young, urban Chinese consumers unravelled for the development of Western brand stories.
- Promotor: Prof.dr. M.D.T. de Jong
- Co-promotor: Prof. dr. Xue Ke (Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China)
- Freelance (intercultural) communication strategist and consumer insights specialist
- Copy editor Dragons Businessclub (Chinese-Dutch network in the Netherlands)