This event provides an opportunity to:
- Learn about recent developments in practice and research in the area of technical communication;
- Learn about the final results of the TecCOMFrame project, a project in which the competencies of technical communicators are investigated (https://www.teccom-frame.eu/teccomframe/);
- Meet other people who are interested in technology and communication;
- Take a tour through the university’s new DesignLab, a creative and cross-disciplinary lab, connecting science and society through design. Faculty and students from all fields work together with companies and governments to implement and develop scientific and technological insights that can be used in finding and shaping creative, innovative and meaningful solutions for complex societal challenges (https://www.utwente.nl/en/designlab/).
We invite industry representatives, technical communicators, researchers, teachers and students and all other interested stakeholders to exchange information, to learn from each other and to strengthen our relations.
The event is for free and open to anyone who is interested.
Presentations are in English, but Dutch may be used for informal communication.
Welcome and presentation of the TecCOM Competence Framework
Joyce Karreman, University of Twente
Mind the gap! Past, present and future challenges in practice @Nedap Livestock Management
Matthijs Mensink & Debbie van Rijswijk, Nedap Livestock Management
The development of technical communication skills using games
Edward Faber, Thales T-XChange
Smart content to support maintenance aboard ship
Peter van Bart, Eluxis
Research – How students use software; feature underuse
Jitske Botma, University of Twente
Research - Gamification and augmented reality in an e-learning tool
Evelien Boensma, University of Twente
Research – Using augmented reality to guide assembly tasks
Yumeng Yang, University of Twente
Knowledge sharing with virtual-, augmented-, and mixed-reality
Jeroen Schiphorst, Recreate
Location: University of Twente, building Gallery, INFORM (https://www.utwente.nl/en/contact/route/)
To sign up for the event or to get more information, send an e-mail to Joyce Karreman (email@example.com). You can sign up until the 27th of June.
The event is organized by:
- University of Twente, department of Communication Science
- Eluxis, Knowledge Management
- TecCOMFrame project