My PhD research focusses on understanding how team dynamics affects team performance, using field data collected in several private and public organizations. To study effective team dynamics I make use of a video-observation method, using specialized coding software (‘The Observer XT’ from Noldus Information Technology) and a pre-set code-book to systematically and minutiously code leader and follower behaviors. In this multi-method approach I also make use of the Empatica wristband, in combination and aligned with the observational data, to explore the effects of Electrodermal Activity (EDA). To analyze this multi-sensory data I apply techniques such as likelihood models, sequential analysis and pattern recognition analysis.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. & Wilderom, C.P.M. 2015. Integrating two leadership models: Augmentation effects with initiating structure. Paper presented at the 75th Annual Academy of Management Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. & Wilderom, C.P.M. 2015. Integrating two leadership models: The value of initiating structure. Paper presented at the 17th Annual International Leadership Association's Global Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. & Wilderom, C.P.M. 2015. Effective Leader Behaviors in Regularly Held Staff Meetings: Surveyed vs. Videotaped and Video-Coded Observations. In J.A. Allen, N. Lehmann-Willenbrock, & S.G. Rogelberg (Eds.), The Cambridge Handbook of Meeting Science: pp. 381-412. Cambridge University Press: UK.
- De Vocht, H.M., Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M., van Niekerk, B, & Den Ouden, M.E.M. 2015. The Impact of Individualized Interaction on the Quality of Life of Elderly Dependent on Care as a Result of Dementia: A Study with a Pre-Post Design. Dementia and geriatric cognitive disorders, 39 (5-6), 272-280.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. & Wilderom, C.P.M. 2012. Behavioral Dynamics (in Staff Meetings): What Patterns Lead To Success? In A.J. Spink, F. Grieco, O.E. Krips, L.W.S. Loijens, L.P.J.J. Noldus, and P.H. Zimmerman (Eds.), Proceedings of Measuring Behavior: pp. 314 -318.
- Michel-Verkerke, M. B., & Hoogeboom, A. M. G. M. 2013. Evaluation of the USE IT-questionnaire for the Evaluation of the Adoption of Electronic Patient Records by Healthcare Professionals. Methods of Information in Medicine, 52(3): 189-198.
- Michel-Verkerke, M.B., & Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. 2012. An Electronic Patient Record in a Nursing Home: One Size Fits All? Paper presented at the HICSS-45 Hawaiian International Conference on Systems Science, Maui, Hawai.
- Hoogeboom, A. M. G. M., Wilderom, C. P. M., Nijhuis, J. & Van den Berg, P.T. 2012. Video-study of effective leader behaviors in staff meetings: Refining the augmented transformational model. Paper presented at the 71th Annual Academy of Management Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Hoogeboom, A. M. G. M., Wilderom, C. P. M., & Nijhuis, J. 2012. Video-study of effective leader behaviors in staff meetings: Refining the augmented transformational model. Paper presented at the 19th Annual European Academy of Management Conference, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Michel-Verkerke, M. B., & Hoogeboom, A. M. G. M. 2011. A combined approach for the evaluation of a Healthcare Information System. Paper presented at the MIC 2011, Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. (2014). Effectief leiderschap bij de Belastingdienst. Ronde Tafel Leiderschap Belastingdienst, Utrecht, 12 November 2014.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. (2013). Leader and follower behavior as co-created interaction process. Presentation held at the INTER.COM symposium for the Technische Universität Braunschweig on August 22, 2013.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. (2013).Using video-observation methodology to observe leader and follower behavior. Guest lecture at the Technische Universität Braunschweig on January 22, 2013.
- Hoogeboom, A.M.G.M. (2012). Behavioral dynamics of leaders (in staff and board meetings): What patterns lead to success? Presentation held for Noldus Information Technology on March 22, 2012.
- Innovation & Change Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Master class Service Management
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master students
- Group and team dynamics
- Implicit leadership theories
- Work values