Currently, Sylvia (YoungHee) Hur works as an international project director at Luxury Management Institute Group, a French consulting and training service development group in the luxury and premium industry.
She has more than 20 years’ professional experience in the field of brand management and of marketing in a variety of industries (including the luxury retail, an automobile business).
She received her Ph.D. in Change Management & Organizational Behavior at the University of Twente in 2009. Her doctoral thesis, entitled “Optimizing Managerial Effectiveness through Emotional Intelligence” received attention from academia by awarding Frederic M. Jablin Annual Best Dissertation Award of the International Leadership Association in 2010.
Project Director, Luxury Business Institute Group
- Emotional Dynamics in Retail
- Leadership Development in Luxury Retail
- Optimizing Luxury Retail Operation
Luxury Retailing Emotional Connection & Experience Project
- Global Luxury Market Trends
- Luxury Brand Management
- Luxury Retail Operation Strategy
2010 Frederic M. Jablin Annual Best Dissertation Award of the International Leadership Association
- Member of Korean Academy of Management
- Member of Korean Marketing Association
YoungHee Hur, P. van den Berg and Celeste Wilderom (2011). Transformational leadership as a mediator between emotional intelligence and team outcomes. The Leadership Quarterly 22, 591-603.
Celeste Wilderom, YoungHee Hur, Uco Wiersma and P. van den Berg (2015). From manager’s emotional intelligence to objective store performance: Through store cohesiveness and sales directed employee behavior. Journal of Organizational Behavior 36, 825-844.
- Store Operation Director of Louis Vuitton, Bluebell Korea.
- Director of Brand Management Division, EXR Korea Co., Ltd.
- Director of Marketing Division, Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd.